CSTP provides support and training for teachers, schools, districts and the state in the areas of Teacher Leadership and Promoting Teacher Voice.
- Consulting with Camas School District to create and support the Camas Teacher Leadership Academy
- Collaborating and facilitating the Auburn Teacher Leadership Academy (ATLA) with the Auburn School District
- Collaborating with ESD 123 on creating teacher leadership trainings in their regions for the schools they serve
- Hosting the National Board Leadership Conference to help National Board Certified Teachers in our state develop their capacity to lead adults and to extend the power of the National Board process beyond their classroom walls
- Supporting Core Teachers with HU 105’s model for teacher preparation through teacher residency to develop their ability to mentor teacher candidates and provide Core Teachers with professional learning
- Supporting OSPI’s Office of Student and School Success in offering a Teacher Leadership Symposium for teachers in federally identified schools
- Supporting teachers and principals who provide Stage 1 and Stage 2 training from the state in the three Instructional Frameworks
Promoting Teacher Voice:
- Supporting National Board Certified Teachers to develop and share their stories of implementing the Student Growth component during this school year
- Training teachers in LASER about how to advocate for their STEM work with their colleagues, school building, school district and school boards
- Supporting the development of videotaped pre and post-conferences in each of the three Instructional Frameworks
CSTP is available to collaborate, consult or coach on developing and promoting teacher voice and building teacher leadership capacity. We do not offer canned programs, but instead work with your context to develop systems to establish a sustained practice of elevating teacher practice through teacher leadership and teacher voice. Contact Nasue@cstp-wa.org for more information.